NOTICE TO HIGH LEGH RESIDENTS
OVERNIGHT ROAD CLOSURES & DIVERSIONS RESULTING FROM WORKS ON BOWDON ROUNDABOUT
From Tuesday 29th March to Friday 29th April a number of overnight road closures and diversions will affect High Legh residents due to works on the Bowdon roundabout
All of these will only take effect overnight:
Monday to Thursday nights from 21.00 to 05.00
Friday nights from 21.00 to 06.00
The exact timing of these is uncertain, but below is the best guess.
Nights of Tuesday 29th, Wednesday 30th & Thursday 31st March
· All slip roads on & off M56 will be closed as will A556
· All traffic coming from High Legh (Broomedge) on A56 will be directed round Bowdon roundabout to continue on A56 toward Altrincham where diversions should be in place to join M56 at Junction 6.
· All traffic coming to High Legh on M56 will either have to continue to Junctions 9 or 10 or follow diversion signs along the A556 & A5034 to join the A50 and return via the Mere lights .
Night of Friday 1st April
· There will be no access to the Bowdon roundabout from the A56
· All traffic coming from High Legh to Airport, Manchester and points east will have to take the A50 to Mere lights, then the A556 to the Bowdon roundabout and there join the M56.
· All traffic coming to High Legh on M56, as above for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Nights of Monday 4th April to Friday 8th April inclusive
· A556 & M56 Junction 8 slip roads closed
· Traffic coming from High Legh on A56 should be able to access M56 via Junction 7
· Traffic coming to High Legh should be able to leave M56 via Junction 7 and continue on A56 toward High Legh
Nights of Monday 11th April to around Tuesday 26th April inclusive
· Closures & diversions as 29th/30th/31st March above. I.E. Diversions available
Nights of Wednesday 27th, Thursday 28th & Friday 29th April
· Closures as Friday 1st April above.
· Traffic coming from or to High Legh should follow the same routes as suggested for 1st April.
[+ go back...]